Risotto with Mushrooms
Makes 6 servings
- Place broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat; keep stock at a gentle simmer.
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice; cook 1 minute. Add wine; cook until wine is absorbed. Add 1cup broth mixture to skillet. Simmer, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed. Continue to add broth 1/2 cup at a time, keeping rice mixture at a constant simmer and stirring frequently. Repeat until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, about 18 minutes. (If necessary, after all of the broth is absorbed, add small amounts of hot water until rice is tender).
- Stir in spinach 1 cup at a time just until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in half of cheese.
- Transfer to serving plates; top with remaining cheese.
- 4 cups Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 (4-oz.) packages Sliced Exotic Mushrooms such as Oyster, Shiitake or Cremini
- 1/2 cup Chopped Shallots or Sweet Onion
- 1-1/2 cups Arborio or Short-Grain Rice
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine or Dry Vermouth
- 6 oz. Baby Spinach Leaves (4 cups packed)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided