Makes 4–6 servings
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and zucchini; cook until vegetables are softened and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer vegetables to a bowl; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, bell pepper and onion to same skillet; cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add tomato; cook 5 minutes. Return eggplant mixture to skillet; simmer over low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl; top with shaved cheese.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup Finely Diced Unpeeled Eggplant
- 3/4 cup Finely Diced Zucchini
- 1/2 cup Finely Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Finely Diced Onion
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Finely Diced Seeded Tomato
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 oz. Parmesan Cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler